Sunday, July 18, 2010

Equine education?

So for the past year I have thought a lot about my future. What do I really want to do with my life, where do I see myself in 20 years and what do I need to do to get there?

First things first, I do not see myself working at a hospital ward for the rest of my life. The work is exiting and I learn something new about people everyday, but the payment is not that good, work-hours are horrible and somehow you always have to be the one that gets yelled at. Both from patients and doctors.

The first thing I thought about was further education within nursing. I have always pictured myself as an anaesthetic nurse, but this will not help with the work hours. I have also thought about taking a degree in economics, it would be helpful in combination with the nursing degree and by itself.

Then today, I had a nice chat with my aunt and uncle who asked me if I had thought about getting and education abroad. And yes I have thought about it, but not really considered it, until now. One of my dreams has been to have my own stable and run it the way I want to. Never really considered it an option because of the finances and my own thoughts of "no, I can't do that, no you  need a safe job" and so on. So I have spent this evening surfing colleges in the UK who has equine degrees, and it seems like the kind of thing that would suit me perfectly. I'm already in contact with one of the norwegian agents for one of the colleges, but I need to get some more information about the different places before doing anything else.

So to you bloggers out there, anyone got any tips on different colleges out there with equine studies on the schedule?